[Lazarus] Carbon: Loosing kAEOpenDocuments AppleEvents before AppRun

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 22:10:49 CET 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Think about multi-platform applications. Lazarus/RTL/LCL should offer one
> unique way to deal with dropped files on app start, independent from the
> target platform.
I can think of Mac OSX only that's able to start application by
dragging a document to the application's shortcut (at the dock).
AFAIK, Windows (even Win7) doesn't have such ability.
So, it's to early to talk about cross-platform behavior.

The bug has been fixed in the revision given in my previous email
without additional workarounds. The problem was caused by incomplete
event loop initialization.

> A TApplication.OnOpenDocument handler can be introduced, which can be
> implemented by an application, or a flag can indicate how things should be
> handled.
Yes, that would be a good solution.
Infact, using OnDropFiles is incorrect event for handling "startup
open-files" and has been introduced for OSX system compatibility.
Dropping files (dragged from Finder) on a form is not yet implemented
for Carbon.

thanks,
dmitry