[Lazarus] Translation updates for .28 release

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Wed Sep 2 10:08:10 CEST 2009

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, matt shaffer wrote:

> Well I just recently got around to installing Ubuntu on one of my machines, but lazarus and the apps it create look.. well, ugly. Is there anyway to make the
> programs run with the default theme of gnome, for example? Most apps seem to have no trouble with this (firefox, pidgin, kontact).

If you use the GTK-2 widgetset, then they will observe the theme.
if you are still using the GTK1 widgetset (which I believe is the default in 0.9.26) then
it will not obey the theme settings.

The simple solution is to set the GTK-2 widgetset as the widgetset to use, recompile LCL and lazarus,
and all should look much better.

Or wait for the imminent 0.9.28, which will use GTK-2 by default, if I'm correct.

Michael.