[Lazarus] Linux and Strip

matt shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 15:16:13 CEST 2009

Hello

i'm trying to port a small delphi componant that i use in one app ported
to Lazarus.
The componentnt build without problem with *{$MODE DELPHI}* but when i'm
in Lazarus ide, if i close a form containing this component, i give a
violation access  error  in my component This error does not occur
runnig the application stand alone.

I have try to build the component in FPC mode but the compilation  fail
with error:

Error: Illegal type conversion: "Int64" to "TFont"

in line

Result := TFont(GetOrdProp(Component, ptrPropInfo)));

of the function

function GetCompFont(Component : TComponent) : TFont;
var ptrPropInfo : PPropInfo;
begin
  ptrPropInfo := GetPropInfo(Component.ClassInfo, 'Font');
  if ptrPropInfo = nil then
     Result := nil
  else
      Result := TFont(GetOrdProp(Component, ptrPropInfo)));
end;

maybe in delphi mode the type casting is wrong getPropInfo return an Int64

can anyone help me

thank
claude
(sorry for my bad english)