[Lazarus] sqlite3connection events

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:42:31 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 10:48:13PM -0400, matt shaffer wrote:
> I've come across a few projects now that require libc on Linux. I'm using
> the latest Ubuntu (9.04) + Lazarus (9.26-4), and it says it can't find libc.

Library libc or unit libc?  Is Ubuntu one of those distributions that
fragment FPC over umpteen packages? If so, see if there is a separate one
for the "libc" unit. (which is a Kylix legacy package)

Note that it would be wisest to get rid of libc alltogether, because it is
linux/x86 only.

If you are using 64-bit Ubuntu, that might even be the cause of your
problem. More info:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/libc_unit

> After doing some basic research, it looks like this would be dependent upon
> the compiler? How can I download and setup libc so Lazarus will compile apps
> that use it happily? I cannot find a lot of information on this

Install the deb, if Lazarus uses a wildcard in its FPC searchpath, the rest
will go automatically.