[Lazarus] LibC

matt shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 16:01:03 CEST 2009

Unit libc. AFAIK no, Ubuntu doesn't distribute FPC over tons of packages,
but I just installed everything (FPC/Laz + sources) from one package).

On a somewhat related note, I'm done trying to develop anything interesting
on Linux. After installing ~10 extra random dependencies to build OGL apps,
everything's still being a pain. There's basically no libraries to make
things 3D, so I was trying out GLScene. First, the actual package itself +
demos have sources that are nearly compatible with Linux, but require just a
tiny bit of editing (GLLCLViewer to GLViewer, for instance in the uses
claus). Found out the hard way that unless the app is built as GTK1, double
buffering seems to fail. And after installing the GLScene package, every app
that uses glscene wants to rebuild all of glscene before it compiles the
stupid demos! And there are a lot of demos that are broken even though
they're supposed to work... *Throws in towel*. If anything, I'll stick to 2d
on Linux using my favorite little buddy, Andorra 2D.