[Lazarus] Enhance Macro usage by making it easier to find

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Fri Sep 11 15:00:46 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders het geskryf:

> I only want feature requests that stand a reasonable chance to be
> implemented before version 3.0 (due after 2025).

And who decides the fate of such feature requests? If you did not
notice, I first posted the idea here in the mailing list to be discussed
and get a feeling of what other developers think. I made it clear that I
do not know how others feel about this feature, but that I thought it
would be helpful. I did not want to "pollute" the Mantis tracker with
features only I want.

Mattias and Michael commented, without explicitly saying: NO THIS IS
RUBBISH!  So based on their responses, I understood it that others also
feel this could be beneficial, but none of use have the time to
implement it right this minutes. Hence, the Feature Request in Mantis -
so the idea is documented and not forgotten.

BTW: This is the first time I hear that Lazarus developers do NOT look
at the Feature Request section in Mantis. It's news to me.

> You can. But IMHO this one is a bad example of such a feature
> request.

In your opinion maybe. By like I said, who decides what is good or bad?
At least I posted my idea in the mailing list - to be discussed. You
might not have noticed, but I do this often before I report features
requests or bugs in mantis.

> I fear I offend people, if I close this issue with "No change
> required", "Won't fix" (it is not true, patches are excepted).

Why not simply allow the creator of the feature request or bug report to
delete their own reports.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/