[Lazarus] Request for student project ideas

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Sep 12 13:05:04 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:30:17PM +0200, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> > That unit might require functionality that is not yet there, because
> > Codegear
> > does all new units in a static class style. (class var/const etc)
>
> Yes, I saw that during one of their D2010 launch-sessions. Any idea why
> they do this? Is it just a .Net-me-too?

Yes I think so. Pretty much with everything, same with the new RTTI modifier
stuff in front of a declaration, instead after it. When I asked a question
about that, they were even surprised I doubted it at all. (worse, it was Bob
Swart!)

However due to the reaction of the audience (I went to a D2010 introduction
by Barnsten yesterday), specially from the younger crowd, the public opinion
seems to be this is absolutely great functionality.