[Lazarus] Request for student project ideas

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 23:28:57 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

> The pascal language generally has modifiers at the end of a declaration.

Right, and the syntax sucks :-(
(all the semicolons should be removed from the modifiers, with a single
semicolon terminating a declaration)

> Now Object Pascal parsers and compilers must all be modified to look for
> modifiers infront and after a declaration.  At is purely C# syntax, not
> Object Pascal syntax!  Hasn't CodeGear learnt there lesson with .NET yet??

IMO they have learned that copy&paste is an essential RAD method. In so
far I understand that copying C# declarations into OPL source code
simplifies interfacing with the rest of the world.

DoDi