[Lazarus] Request for student project ideas

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Sep 15 11:51:55 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:19:00PM +0200, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> >> [ ] You understand what's a preprocessor
> >
> > So you are suggesting a preprocessor that reads C and outputs Pascal? :-)
>
> No, this were what ToPas does. Instead I suggest to skip the
> intermediate Pascal code, and to compile the given source code immediately.

It would mean integrating a full blown substitution based preprocessor.

But this is a sidetrack of the real problem: I don't see a real benefit in
integrating a C compiler.

The main benefits of that one would only get when the C compiler becomes
terribly advanced, something that I don't see happening anytime soon, and
the position of 3rd party (non-system) C compilers on Unix is not terribly
useful either.