[Lazarus] Can I Compile use LCL in FPC?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk sanliturk at ttmail.com
Sun Sep 20 22:39:03 CEST 2009

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 00:00:03 +0800
> yu ping <spingyu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Is there a way to use LCL in FPC?not in Lazarus IDE,
>> How to do?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean with "in FPC".
> You can compile projects and packages in console/terminal with the
> "lazbuild" utility.
>
> Mattias
>
> --

Assume your main program is like the following :

Program X ;

Uses
     Forms ,
     ... ;

Begin

Application . Initialize ;
Application . CreateForm ( ... ) ;
Application . Run ;

End .

In a command prompt shell :

fpc X.lpr

The above statement will compile your X.lpr without Lazarus IDE ,
BUT you need to supply an fpc.cfg file to specify ALL of the required
unit paths in that fpc.cfg as -Fu , -Fi , etc. .

If your fpc.cfg file is correctly prepared there will not be any problem
to compile your X.lpr . If there exists any "Unit not found" , "File not
found" , etc. messages , it is necessary to make modifications to your
fpc.cfg file to find the missing parts .

If it is NOT absolutely necessary , using Lazarus is much more easier
than using only fpc to compile GUI containing programs .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk