[Lazarus] exists "card game" library?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Sep 24 05:17:16 CEST 2009

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 04:53:30PM +0100, David W Noon wrote:
>> To do this, I used the GMP (Gnu Multiple Precision) library. Since I
>> do  not [yet] have any Pascal bindings for this library, my test code
>> is written in C. However, there are some arbitrary precision packages
>> in the contributions area of the FPC Web site, any of which could be a
>> viable alternative to GMP.
>
> An initial GMP binding was committed to FPC on sept 7th.
>
> I assume it would also compile with older (2.2) versions of FPC.

i'm sure that will be appreciated... however, as i wrote to david, this seems to
be a bit of overkill as my initial message left much to broad interpretation...
all i'm basically wanting to do is to create a deck of playing cards and use
them in a game... the current DOS TP6 version uses arrays for the value of each
card... i'm wanting to find or create a "library" of card "decks" consisting of
X cards... for a "standard poker game" this deck would consist of 52 cards...
for some other Vegas type game, there might be a "shoe" consisting of Y decks
shuffled together...

i already have a shuffling routine that i based on an array of items and i think
i can account for a deck of items... the part that i'm having a problem with is
converting over to using "objects of my own creation" instead of using an
existing object library...

does that make sense?