[Lazarus] TAChart marks on mouseoverpoint

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:04:56 CEST 2009

> Currently, they are drawn below points with negative Y and above others.
> This is intended to reduce clutter, and is absolutely required for
> bar series -- but maybe it was not a good idea for line series, I am not sure.

I was misunderstood. With below I intend that marks are drawn back the
points, and points over marks.
I try again to attach two images, one from TAChart and one from Steema
TChart. You can see that in TAChart points are visible and marks are
drawn back points while in Steema TChart marks are always visible and
they are drawn over points.
Maybe could be an option to have marks in front or back points?
> It seems you forgot to attach the image.
> Anyway, implemented Marks.Clipped in r21840.

Prefect!

> I see. This is a borderline case, probably too exotic to be included
> in the general component.
> Still, if you have inclination to work on a patch, I would suggest to change
> TLineSeries.ShowLines property from boolean to enumeration
> (slNone, slFromPrevious, slFromOrigin).

Maybe it is better to leave TLineSeries.ShowLines as boolean property
and add TLineSeries.LineStyle (lsNone, lsFromPrevious, lsFromOrigin)?
What is your opinion? Anyway I try to do it...