[Lazarus] Synapse stop working

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Sep 26 11:24:54 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 03:15:28PM -0500, German Gentile wrote:
> I know you already know, just trying to help de developer of synapse libs
> Lukas Gebauer, to find a solution to that problem.
>
> I send he a email in the synapse list, and he is asking for that info:
>
> "
> > > Are there plans in the near future to fix ssfpc.pas to not use the
>  > > socket functions that have been deprecated in the FPC trunk (as of
> > > revision 13498 of FPC's socketsh.inc)? Currently synapse is not usable
> > > with the FPC trunk.
>
> And what is recommend instead of socketsh now?

http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_Trunk#Almost_all_old_1.0.x_socket_unit_functions_have_been_removed

In other words, in late 2004 or early 2005 a new set of functions was added
that matched the C prototypes more closely with a "fp" as prefix.

Three kinds of changes are necessary:
- most socket functions will need to get a "fp" prefix (like all other
   *nix FPC functions)
- some socket functions are slightly renamed to match C names
(getsocketoption to getsockopt
- It might be necessary to add @ here and there, since the prototypes are
  now C like, and uses pointers instead of untyped VAR parameters.