[Lazarus] Publishing TBufDataset

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Sep 30 16:40:37 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 08:21 +0200, Zlatko Matić wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Recently I replaced MemDataset with BufDataset, because it has Locate
> and filters implemented.
> So, I'm wondering why TBufDataset is not published as a component
> under DataAccess pallette?

It wasn't very stable for in-memory-use. I think it only works really ok
with fpc 2.3.1 and higher.

>  I think it would be good to do, since it is good component for
> working with in-memory data, something like Client Dataset in Delphi.
> Could someone do it for Lazarus 0.9.29?
> Would it be hard to publish it for myself?

Just open the lazarus-sqldb package and see how it's done for the other
datasets like the TSQLQuery. It's a one-line fix.

>  What should I do in order to be able to use it in design time,
> similar to MemDataset? I have never created a component, so, please,
> some tips...

Look here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/How_To_Write_Lazarus_Component

Joost