[Lazarus] main form icon and other things

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Sat Apr 3 12:01:50 CEST 2010

03.04.2010 17:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Only dialogs with no sizable controls can be fixed size. So
> the splashscreen can be fixed size.
> Even a message dialog can be too big for the screen and then it should
> be resizable.
> The find/replace dialog is good example for a dialog that must be
> resizable, as the text can be long.
> I'm always cursing the many non resizable dialogs in MS Windows. And I
> know that even windows lovers don't like that.

If you don't like them then don't use bsDialog in your applications :) I
know ubuntu applications which have dialog with the fixes size.
> About the icon:
> If a window is shown in the taskbar it should show an icon, otherwise
> they get a default one from the window manager.

bsDialog needs to be shown without a taskbar item. If develop uses
bsDialog for another tasks then it is a developer problem, not an LCL one.
> A modal form does not need to be shown in the taskbar - if it is the
> only one. But the VCL allows to show one form modal and then one form
> normal. The last will be shown in the same layer as the modal one, so
> you need buttons to switch between them.

You are trying to care about poorly developed applications I think.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.