[Lazarus] SynEdit exception on close LFM file [Re: Invalid file handle when closing Lazarus]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Apr 6 14:36:49 CEST 2010

I was able to reproduce the problem with 0.9.28.
It is a bug in 0.9.28. I also tested with today's version, and it has
been fixed there.

There are several things you can do, to get it working for you:

1) Download a daily snapshot.
It will probably work out of the box for you, but it there are some
recent changes in it, which are still tested. You may need to compile
the snapshot with -dOldAutoSize

2) open   c:\your_lazarus_dir\components\synedit\synedit.pp
Find line 1831 (or +/- a few lines) and comment out the following line:
//  FreeAndNil(fScrollTimer);
Then recompile Lazarus (all of it, or at least SynEdit and IDE) and it
should solve the problem too

There are a few other issues in 0.9.28: if you use TFrames or if you use
"anchor align" with synEdit.  ("anchor align"  is if you use the "Anchor
editor" from the "View" menu).

If you recompile, make a copy of you Lazarus.exe first

Your last recompile didn't have the desired effect (never mind, the log
file still did help).
So, if you recompile make sure it succeeds (it should create a
lazarus.new.exe) and you do a restart( which renames lazarus.new.exe
into lazarus.exe).
After recompiling (before restart) you should have a lazarus.new.exe
which will be renamed.

Martin