[Lazarus] Autosize behaviour

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Apr 6 17:35:17 CEST 2010

On 06/04/2010 15:41, Alexander Klenin wrote:
>> 1. Only TControls can be put into TWinControl and a layouter is not a visual thing itself.
>> 2. a layouter can be used by several controls.
>>
> Ok, I agree with Michael and Mattias that a separate layout component
> and a TWinControl.Layout property is the only way that satisfies all
> the requirements.

It is also the intuitive way. Any other control like this (that is not
displaying as part of the form  / popupmenu, filedialogs) are dropped on
the Form, and *not* parented (childed) to any control in the form.

Popupmenus are also assigned via a property. => that is what users will
expect.
Same for Datasources, on a DBGrid, etc

Martin