[Lazarus] debian packages now have testing/unstable requirements

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Wed Apr 7 22:05:05 CEST 2010

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> David Emerson wrote:
> > lazarus packages at hu.freepascal.org are
> > now requiring libatk 1.29.3 (or greater) whereas debian stable has 1.22
>
> AFAIK the libatk dependency is automatically setup by the dpkg tool
> using the version of the building machine.

I asked on oftc's #debian-devel and the advice was to "use pbuilder and set up a
different environment there to build inside."

It sounds like the deb creation process could use some refinement. I don't have
much experience here but would be happy to do some research and see if I can
assist in the process.

I see there is a creation script here:
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk/tools/install/create_lazarus_deb.sh

Vincent previously mentioned he maintained the repo at hu.freepascal. I am not
sure if this is the same script that Vincent runs to create debs. I notice that
it has gtk stuff hardcoded in, however from what I can see it appears that this
script is only making one .deb rather than several.

Mattias, Vincent, is there anything I can do to assist you guys in cleaning up
the deb packages?

One thing I can definitely offer is refinement of bash scripts. Ugly things, but
I've learned that bastard of a language decently, for some reason.

Cheers,
David.