[Lazarus] debian packages now have testing/unstable requirements

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Wed Apr 7 22:25:17 CEST 2010

David Emerson schreef:
> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> David Emerson wrote:
>>> lazarus packages at hu.freepascal.org are
>>> now requiring libatk 1.29.3 (or greater) whereas debian stable has 1.22
>> AFAIK the libatk dependency is automatically setup by the dpkg tool
>> using the version of the building machine.
>
> I asked on oftc's #debian-devel and the advice was to "use pbuilder and set up a
> different environment there to build inside."

Clear instructions how to accompplish that would be welcome, kind of
like the "how to setup a ubuntu repo" on the wiki.

> It sounds like the deb creation process could use some refinement. I don't have
> much experience here but would be happy to do some research and see if I can
> assist in the process.
>
> I see there is a creation script here:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk/tools/install/create_lazarus_deb.sh
>
> Vincent previously mentioned he maintained the repo at hu.freepascal. I am not
> sure if this is the same script that Vincent runs to create debs. I notice that
> it has gtk stuff hardcoded in, however from what I can see it appears that this
> script is only making one .deb rather than several.
>
> Mattias, Vincent, is there anything I can do to assist you guys in cleaning up
> the deb packages?

Currently (snapshot) debs are build using make deb in a debian-sid
chroot on a ubuntu 9.10 virtual machine. Previously it was done on plain
ubuntu 9.10 virtual, but then there were some problems with dependencies
of the gtk2 libs. They were set too high.

debian-sid has the advantage, that at least fpc is up to date. Do other
debian versions have 2.4.0 already?

Vincent