[Lazarus] debian packages now have testing/unstable requirements

David Emerson dle3ab at angelbase.com
Thu Apr 8 02:34:15 CEST 2010

Vincent Snijders wrote:
> David Emerson schreef:
> > I asked on oftc's #debian-devel and the advice was to "use pbuilder and set
> > up a different environment there to build inside."
>
> Clear instructions how to accompplish that would be welcome, kind of
> like the "how to setup a ubuntu repo" on the wiki.

I'll see what I can find. I am thinking that the best thing for me to do would
be to see if I can replicate the build process you are performing right now,
and then see what can be done differently.

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the scripts that you use for
the deb building process? I could also set up a machine (real or virtual) with
sid and work on this issue.

> Currently (snapshot) debs are build using make deb in a debian-sid
> chroot on a ubuntu 9.10 virtual machine. Previously it was done on plain
> ubuntu 9.10 virtual, but then there were some problems with dependencies
> of the gtk2 libs. They were set too high.
>
> debian-sid has the advantage, that at least fpc is up to date. Do other
> debian versions have 2.4.0 already?

No, stable has 2.2.4. For this reason I access the sid repos for fpc only.

Cheers,
David.