[Lazarus] Anyone working with KOL-CE?

bobby spasic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 09:15:21 CEST 2010

On 08.04.2010 08:37, John vd Waeter wrote:
> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:31:10 +0200
>> John vd Waeter <john at jvdw.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> It's very quiet around KOL-CE...
>>>
>>> I've got the problem that just suddenly, during editing in the IDE,
>>> the inc-files no longer gets updated...
>>
>> What inc files? What updates?
>
> Hi Mattias,
>
> A Kolform has an extra accompaniyng unit-1.inc file in which code is
> written when changing the properties of KOL-objects. This code is used
> to create the KOL-objects. The file is automatically maintained when
> changing properties, events and adding/deleting objects from the
> KOLform. Just like an .lfm.
>
> If the file is opened in the source-editor this maintaing process is
> visible with a short (milliseconds) delay.
> However this just stopped working. No idea why. It happened on two
> computers, one XP, other Vista. lazarus/FPC version are the same on
> both computers. It must have something to do with my projects, because
> in new projects everything works fine.
>
> So before stripping my code to get to the problem I thought I'd just
> ask here if someone maybe encountered the same problem.
>
> John
>
> --

Hi,

I'm also having problems with Lazarus and KOL-CE, but I can't be more
specific until I get back to my PC in two weeks.
First problem is that JEDI code formatting does not work on KOL-CE projects.
Second one is that after some time I can't add more events to the
components. It complains something like "Please first fix the errors
shown..." but it does not jump to any line in editor, nor it shows any
error in log window.
Third problem is that it doubles the lines where it defines the form in
main unit. That happens at adding components, or doing some edit in
Object Inspector.

As I said, I'm now far away from my PC. I can give more feedback in two
weeks.

Regards
Boban (bobby) Spasic