[Lazarus] new autosize - minmized ide window

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Apr 9 02:12:01 CEST 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 21:42:41 +0100
Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

> On Windows
>
> - open breakpoint window, and put on secondary monitor (away from
> designed position)
> - store the position as custom positon, in the enviroment/windows options
> - minimize the breakpoint window
>
> - restart the IDE (that will close the window)
> - now open the window (I tried with kbd shortcut)
>
> Result, => we need to put a warning on Lazarus for people who get
> epileptic attacks.
>
> The window briefly shows (more a flicker) on it's designed pos
> it minimizes
> it shows on it's stored pos (other monitor) (flicker)
> it minimizes

Maybe it is this strange piece of code:

procedure TCustomForm.SetRestoredBounds(ALeft, ATop, AWidth, AHeight: integer);
var
  prevWindowState: TWindowState;
begin
  // temporarily go to normal window state to store restored bounds
  if (FRestoredLeft=ALeft) and (FRestoredTop=ATop)
  and (FRestoredWidth=AWidth) and (FRestoredHeight=AHeight) then exit;
  prevWindowState := WindowState;
  WindowState := wsNormal;
  SetBounds(ALeft, ATop, AWidth, AHeight);
  WindowState := prevWindowState;
end;

Mattias