[Lazarus] [BIDI] TGrid and many bugs if i add Right To Left

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 13:09:58 CEST 2010

Personally I think that the entire approach of BiDi in Lazarus should be
addressed differently.
First of all Bidi must be part of the overall lookup of the entire project,
that means that, any changes to LCL etc, must address it as well.

Secondly, there must be proper guidelines of how we want to see BiDi in LCL.
And last but not lease, make sure that in a specific time frame everything
that regarding BiDi will be addressed by the project.

The last time I tried to do something about it, I felt into a situation that
made me believe that the main Lazarus development team are not interested in
BiDi support at all, and I know more then one company where I'm located,
that if there will BiDi support as a strategy (that is for long time, and
not for specific version) for working (and that will result in contributing
back code as well) with Lazarus, but the they first wish to see that
existed.

That's my 2 cents on the matter.

Ido
http://ik.homelinux.org/