[Lazarus] [BIDI] TGrid and many bugs if i add Right To Left

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 21:16:26 CEST 2010

http://ik.homelinux.org/

2010/4/11 Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com>

> 2010/4/11 ik
>
>> addressed differently
>

> I am not understand the meaning of "addressed" or "addressed by the
> project"? (It is my English :) )

At the moment beside Windows, Lazarus does not support BiDi.
The core team does not look at BiDi support as an important as for example
making the API of LCL the same as the VCL (and only include additional
settings/features).

That mean (and it already happened once that I know of), that the BiDi
support can be broken on every update of Lazarus, and it might not work the
same at all, and I'm not talking about the UI that Lazarus is binded to, but
the way things are done in Lazarus.

The BiDi support must be looked at the same way was the LCL = VCL API, and
it does not at the moment, and beside the two of us (that I know of), it is
not interested anyone on Lazarus at all, and that's why what I wrote above
can happen.