[Lazarus] [BIDI] TGrid and many bugs if i add Right To Left

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 13:00:02 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
> wrote:

> One problem may be the extent of BiDi support, that is unknown to most
> (western) developers. E.g. I even don't know how to enter RTL text, so that
> all related code should be implemented and checked by people that are
> familiar with RTL applications and environment.
>
> Does there exist a list of things that should change in RTL mode?
>
> Newer Windows systems have an API for rendering full Unicode text,
> including an mix of LTR and RTL parts. Do there exist similar libraries for
> other platforms or widgetsets (Qt???)? If yes, these libraries should be
> explored and a compatible wrapper (class) should be constructed, for
> immediate use in most components (SynEdit may be an exception). If not, an
> API must be defined first, and then the platform specific libraries must be
> implemented accordingly.

Win32, GTK2 and QT support RTL(Right To Left reading), but i am not
expiration with GTK2 and QT

But there seem to exist more issues with RTL, like the rows in a grid
> running from right to left? Such behaviour can be tested by everybody, at
> least by faking RTL mode to make the different appearance occur.

Most native controls like grid will work on all widgetsets except draw the
string inside the cell, so if it done for TLabel for GTK/QT this issue will
resolved.
TGrid in my svn draw its columns right to left, for that i opened this
thread.

>  Sorry for my poor English, i am writing in English as like writing
>> programming code :)
>>

> Does there exist a Wiki (Wikipedia?) entry, that describes *all* required
> changes in BiDi/RTL mode?

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/BidiMode#References

Thanks
--