[Lazarus] Win32 CreateParented issue

Duncan Parsons D.Parsons at seamsltd.com
Mon Apr 19 13:03:41 CEST 2010

From: Justin Smyth [mailto:delphian at smythconsulting.net]
Sent: 17 April 2010 08:14

> I've been playing with CreateParented and I have come across some
issues where I am getting a A/V

>I have got 2 forms , the first form has a panel on it and a button on
it and the second form has just a button with close event attached to
it.

>The First for does this behind the button
>
>  Form2 := TForm2.CreateParented(Panel1.Handle);
>  Form2.Show;
>  SendMessage(Form2.Handle, WM_NCACTIVATE, Ord(True), 0);
>

>soon as I call the createParented it falls over .
>
>Anyone reproduce this or have I done something wrong
>

>Justin Smyth

Don't know why it should fall over, but the implementation of
CreateParented is wrong. I have something that works on Win, but have
been trying to make it work on getting the OSX version working as well
before submitting a patch; Laz is Xplatform, so just providing a single
platform solution doesn't seem quite right to me. If I can get two
working, then that seems reasonable.

There are a few places that need altering so that it will attach to a
parent, I can post them if that would help you, but give a day or two to
put it in order :-)

Duncan