[Lazarus] SynEdit

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Apr 21 20:04:19 CEST 2010

Martin wrote:
> On 21/04/2010 18:34, Lee Jenkins wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was curious about Lazarus' version of SynEdit and if the Delphi
>> examples are more or less still relevant to coding against the LCL
>> version?
>
> Not sure which "delphi examples"?
> - Something that comes with lazarus, and I have overlooked?
> - Something that comes with Delphi?
> - Something from the originla SynEdit website/distribution?
> - Something else?

I meant current Delphi examples.  Well, relatively current as I don't think the
demos have been changed in quite some time, even with the unicode version that
is available now.

> The SynEdit in Lazarus is based on something around Version 1.2 of the
> original SynEdit. And the Lazarus version has since been heavily modified.

Ouch!

>> I need implement Completion proposal, AutoComplete, AutoCorrect and
>> Muti-Syntax.
>
> There are classes for completion proposal (drop down) and afaik
> Auto-complete (look at the syncompletion unit)
>
> I don't think there currently is any AutoCorrect implementation
>
> "Muti-Syntax." refers to syntax highlighting? Not sure what you mean?

Yeah for syntax.  In Delphi SynEdit there is TSynMultiSyn where you can use two
different highlighters.  This is important since the editor will handle both XML
and JavaScript within CDATA tag like Adobe's MXML and MS's WPF markup, XAML.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee