[Lazarus] SynEdit

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Apr 21 22:42:26 CEST 2010

Martin wrote:
> On 21/04/2010 19:58, Lee Jenkins wrote:
>> Martin wrote:
>>>
>>> The SynMultiSyn still exists in Lazarus. Not sure if anyone has used
>>> it lately, or if it was tested.
>>> But if bug reports are made, it will be fixed and maintained.
>>>

>> Martin,
>>
>> Looks like its a no go with the Multi highlighter in Lazarus synedit.
>> Throws an exception when trying to assign the multi highlight to a
>> TSynMemo at design time and the application sig faults when I try to
>> assign the multi highlighter in code.
>
> Can you send me your test code that failed, please?
>
> I am doing (in OnFormCreate)
>
>   h := TSynMultiSyn.Create(self);
>   SynMemo1.Highlighter:= h;
>
> and that doesn't give an error. But it may depend on settings given to
> the highlighter...

My TSynMultiSyn was dropped on the form at design time.  Also have TSynJavaSyn
on the same form and assigned to the Schemes[0] property.  These extra
properties might have something to do with the problem.

Here is a zip with the simple project in it.

http://leebo.dreamhosters.com/misc/syn-multi/multi-syn-test.zip

Thanks for taking a look.

--
Warm Regards,