[Lazarus] Anyone done any work with SMS (text messaging)?

Wildfire wildfire at windowsbbs.com
Mon Apr 26 15:37:02 CEST 2010

> On which platform do you want to use SMS? Using Linux I can recommend
> gnokii-smsd. I use it with the mysql-extension right out of the debian
> repositories.

Hi Lukas,

Haven't decided on the portable platform yet (For when I'm attending games)
but it'll probably be linux based.

The fixed platform (at home/non attendance) is XP

FWIW, I'm currently using a Huawei E1550 dongle to send SMS's but that will
probably change to a mifi (Wireless Cellular Modem) adaptor when going
portable.

Ideally I'd like to keep the source lazarus based for easy maintenance
between the two platforms.