[Lazarus] LVSCW_AUTOSIZE{_USEHEADER};

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:27:11 CEST 2010

On 09.08.2010 07:09, Paul Ishenin wrote:

> LVSCW_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER does not solve the autosize problem because it
> applies the width according to your actual content and does not resize
> after you add/remove more items. Therefore another solution is needed.

On my windows XP it does resize on every added item. I used the same
test program that I used in my previous post about the slowness, this
program will add items with increasing size (remove all beginupdate and
the visible:=false to watch it in real time, its slow enough to watch
it) and from what I can see here it will perfectly recalculate the size
after each item is added.

Maybe the problem you observed is because you forgot one instance if
this constant in TWin32WSCustomListView.ItemSetText where you forgot to
replace LVSCW_AUTOSIZE with AutoSizeWidth.

Bernd