[Lazarus] Experiences in converting Delphi apps

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Aug 19 09:57:06 CEST 2010

En/na Bogusław Brandys ha escrit:

> OLE automation sucks.I tried controlling Excel but it's impossible but
> it's a fpc problem.

I successfully controlled OpenOffice.org.
Checking my notes (I don't remember the full details), it seems that the
com machinery interfered with message processing: I was calling
ProcessMessages in a loop to check if the Cancel button was pressed, but
it didn't work. I put the loop in a separate thread and I had no further
problems.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133)  Fax +34 93 5883007