[Lazarus] TSplitter

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Aug 21 20:21:59 CEST 2010

  On 21/08/2010 18:54, Bernd Kreuss wrote:
> On 21.08.2010 18:56, Martin wrote
>> Anchors to me are same as (if not even more) confusing as the align method.
> Can you remember what exactly it was that confused you?
I didn't mean to say I was confused. I meant to say that if align is
confusing (in the context  of being used for splitters), then anchors
surely must be more confusing.

And of course the above statement, is not true for each and every
individual (as from your statement, it doesn't apply to you at all).
The above statement simply is, that I would expect that people who have
*never* used any form of GUI development:
- 100 to be presented with a splitter that works with align
- 100 to be presented with a splitter that works with anchors
The one with align would find it easier (since for the anchors, you must
learn a lot about all the different kind of anchors; while align is a
single value)

That may change, for experienced GUI developers, who already know
anchors very well. (But then the overall step of learning a splitter is
smaller too). In that case I might expect equal experiences from both
groups.

Anyway, as I said my expectations, based on no particular background,
other than my personal common sense. It might be wrong.

About my past experience: When I looked at a TSplitter the very first
time in my life, it simply took a while till I found how the splitter works.
Yet that can be said for a huge amount of components: Either read the
docs (I didn't much) or play with each and every of the many properties.