[Lazarus] TSplitter

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 21 23:40:46 CEST 2010

Bernd Kreuss schrieb:

>> So why should it be intuitive to add an splitter first, and to add the
>> splitted components later - provided that you don't forget to do so?
>
> No. It doesn't matter in what order you add them.
>
> You add them all and then you connect them like components in a circuit
> diagram. You anchor each of the two controls at the [sibling control
> that ultimately determines the position, namely the] splitter.
[...]

This looks to me like you never *constructed* a GUI, or a similar
design. Instead you seem to prefer to get whatever seems useful, and
connect everything later, somehow. Such approaches tend to settle down
in an unmanageable state, with unpredictable, unexpected and unwanted
behaviour, as soon as the first user will put his hands on it.

But this is how many programs are implemented... :-(

DoDi