[Lazarus] TSplitter

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Aug 22 00:23:31 CEST 2010

> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, waldo kitty wrote:

>>> 1. set Align := alLeft for the first control,
>>> 2. set Align := alLeft for the splitter and move it after the first control
>>> 3. set Align := alClient for the second control
>>
>> wow... that doesn't seem "intuitive" at all :?
>
> Why not ?

well, i'm not sure why not... as a new user, i'd be confused about how to use
it, that's for sure... i doubt that it would occur to me to use the above steps...

> I've been doing it for 12 years like this, never gave it a second
> thought. It's perfectly logical and no different from learning how to use a
> combobox.

i've not had any problems with combo boxes that i'm aware of... i guess my point
was that of if someone with no clue wanted to start coding, they'd have
problems... but that's ok... they'll learn sooner or later :)