[Lazarus] Language Translations - Multi-Threaded app

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Aug 22 16:14:56 CEST 2010

On 22.08.2010 01:57, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

>> If I know I need a form with A B and C and a Close button and I know
>> already exactly how it should be layed out
>
> Are you willing to share your thoughts about this layout?

Of course it depends on what A, B and C are, how they relate to each
other and how they are supposed to be used. It was only an example.

My description about my thought process regarding the splitter was meant
to illustrate how the associations were formed in my mind and why I see
the similarity in a splitter with other controls at which one can (or
should be able to) anchor something.

When I explore something like the Lazarus form designer or many of the
LCL components in general to be prepared for when I need them (luckily I
am currently in a position where I have time to do a lot of things I
like and am not forced to spend all my time with doing what others
demand from me) I do a lot of hypothetical what-if experiments: What If
I had two lists and needed a splitter. What if I wanted to do this
layout that I did last year in wxPython for this other application. What
if I need an additional button panel. What if I had 3 lists. What if the
text in the label becomes bigger, how does it size itself. What if I had
this and that, etc. These experiments are indeed conducted without any
real need but they tell me what I am interested to know.

And btw I am discovering a new bug every week by doing such things.