[Lazarus] How to create: TButtonGrid descendant of TCustomDrawGrid ?

Peter E Williams foss.game.pascal.developer at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 28 23:31:15 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell schrieb:
>  On 08/26/2010 08:52 PM, Alexander Grau wrote:
>> C) Do not use external threads at all - use FPC threads.
> This is a very hard requirement :(.
>
> A colleague of mine uses the "PJSIP" open source library in his
> project  done with Delphi. Here he created a DLL in C with Microsoft
> Visual Studio and calls the "flattened" functions in this DLL with his
> Pascal project. The C-DLL is statically linked to the PJSIP library
> functions provided.
>
> Now the PJSIP library creates lots of threads and preforms callbacks
> to the DLL from same. The DLL forwards theses callbacks towards the
> Pascal code.
>
> All this seems to work fine.
>
> It would be a major shame if using Lazarus would prevent this kind of
> projects.
It's not meant as a requirement - it's meant as list of considerations
where you pick one or more of them to solve your problem. The "problem"
might be too OS specific that you can say it always works or it doesn't
work. It depends on the case. I'll make this more clearly. Also, I'll
add all missing aspects Maik and Sven mentioned.

Regards,
Alexander