[Lazarus] DocView and FPC documentation release (update)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 16:11:53 CEST 2010

Hi All,

A few months ago I posted some messages about converting my dBase code
(in Delphi) to lazarus. I was advised that I should NOT use
Dataset.RecNo but instead I should use bookmarks. Can someone please
advise me how to rewrite:

with Hexx_Data_DBF.FieldDefs do
  Hexx_Data_DBF_RecNo := Dataset.RecNo;

to use the safer method of using bookmarks???

type

  { Thxboard }

  Thxboard = class(TForm)
    Hexx_Data_DBF: TDbf;

var
  TraceFile_DBF_RecNo, Hexx_Data_DBF_RecNo : integer;

[...]
    while (not Hexx_Data_DBF.EOF) and not found do
      begin
        if (pattern_is_db_current(pattern1)) then
          begin
            save_options(pattern1);
            found := true;
            //Hexx_Data_DBF_RecNo := Hexx_Data_DBF.RecNo;
            with Hexx_Data_DBF.FieldDefs do
              Hexx_Data_DBF_RecNo := Dataset.RecNo;
            close_db;
            if trace_moves then
              begin
                open_trace_file;
                With Trace_File_DBF do
                try
                  // ### needs changing
                  with Trace_File_DBF.FieldDefs do
                       Dataset.RecNo := (TraceFile_DBF_RecNo);
                  FieldByName('record_no' ).AsInteger :=
Hexx_Data_DBF_RecNo;
                //finally
                except
                  showmessage( 'An exception occured in
write_updated_pattern - writing to trace file.');
                  close_trace_file;
                end;
              end;
            open_db;
            // ### needs changing
            with Hexx_Data_DBF.FieldDefs do
              Dataset.RecNo := (Hexx_Data_DBF_RecNo);
          end;
        // ### needs changing
        Hexx_Data_DBF.Next;
      end;
[...]
--
Proudly developing Quality Cross Platform Open Source Games
Since 1970 with a Commodore PET 4016 with 16 KRAM