[Lazarus] Use case ... ( Respect )

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Fri Dec 3 19:20:39 CET 2010

Hi all,

   today was "one of those days" in work.

   We had some issues with one branche office and we needed to send a
team to do a new inventory report. But we used all the available
licenses from the warehouse inventory module in our ERP and there wasn't
any handheld device with software loaded available ( bussy season all
devices loaded with software was in use ...) .

( We use a proprietary warehouse inventory software in PDA's to keep
track stock in / outs, picking / packing, etc ).

   I had little time to solve the situation and the E.R.P. support
wasn't able to find that doc or this exec or the other technician to
open a few more licenses.

   Free Pascal / Lazarus to the rescue ...

   In exactly 3 hours i had ready a very simple inventory software for
the Intermec CN2B Handheld ( the model the branch use ) ...
Just type,compile and run. Don't have any experience with sqlite so i
used TDBF as db for the mobile. From then i tested a lot to see if i can
find the bugs ( cause i'm sure there are bugs, i'm just need to find
them ASAP ), fixing, compiling, run ... What can i say ...

  THANK YOU very much for the Free Pascal compiler and for the Lazarus /
LCL which helped me to solve a problem which with my current skills (
Delphi / Object Pascal ) it would remain unsolved costing my company
money effectively jeopardising my work.

  Thank you,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis