[Lazarus] GUI development for web UI

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Dec 2 10:17:27 CET 2010

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 12/01/2010 05:43 PM, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
>>

>> Under normal circumstances you would have a fixed (or limited) thread pool,
>> and each request is  handled by a free thread in the pool.
> Of  course it does make sense to use pre-started threads.
>
> How are requests queued if no threads are available in the pool ? If this is
> done by a single (main) thread, this might introduce a bandwidth limitation.

Such things are usually configurable:
- Create new thread to handle the request
- Wait (as in: store in queue, and continue waiting for requests)
   till a thread becomes available.

Just as a webserver does it.

>> In ExtPascal, it is impossible to separate the thread from the session.
>> This has the advantage of being simple, but doesn't scale, and creates
>> unneeded dependencies between different parts of the software.
> It would be great to have an improved thingy similar to ExtPascal in the
> Lazarus Library :)

It would, indeed. Darek Maszur has something similar to ExtPascal.
If you'd start with something like it, I think his implementation
would be easier to convert than ExtPascal.

Michael.