[Lazarus] GUI development for web UI

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Dec 3 13:51:35 CET 2010

On 12/03/2010 01:32 AM, waldo kitty wrote:

> using apache as an example, if the maximum number of servers (threads)
> is reached, then requests are queued for X amount of time in the hopes
> that a server comes free to handle the request... if a server does not
> come free within X amount of time, then that request is dropped in the
> bitbucket...
>
> i think that the queue (bucket?) also has a limit on the number of
> requests that it will hold and if this is reached, then in FIFO
> fashion, the first in is dumped since it is also the oldest...
Do I understand correctly that Apache performs the queuing ?

So The FCGI interface would need to provide it with additional
information (e.g. if any or how many threads are still available)
_before_ it opens a connection to the FCGI "Server" (as this would go
directly to the thread and not to some kind of thread-scheduler).

Interesting indeed.... !

-Michael