[Lazarus] Clean Up + Build all

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:24:08 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Kjow <antispammoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what is the equivalent on command line of the "Clean Up + Build all" in the
> IDE?
>
> With:
>  make bigideclean bigide OPT="-Xg"
>  lazbuild --build-ide=
> I don't have the same result.
>
> Thank you,
> Kjow

I also wanted to know, but I suppose the situation is a little complex. As
long as I understand this, there are no strict way to do this in the IDE.
I'm sure the core developers will correct me, I just describe as I
understand this.

Theoretically sometimes the IDE (automatically) and you (in the custom
option) can append -B switch that forces fpc to rebuild all the units of the
project unconditionally, but  the problem lays in the packages your project
depends upon. When Lazarus prepares the parameters for fpc, it basically
appends the paths containing compiled units of the packages, so if it gets
-B switch, fpc can not reach the unit sources, so builds the project with
the compiled version. And I don't know whether the problem is solvable since
packages is a special entity in Lazarus treated in special way but maybe I'm
wrong.

Personally when I use Delphi 'Build' that actually rebuild every reachable
source file, I do this for two reasons
1. I have a global define for some profile/debug work so I have to be sure
that the code is reverted to non-debug state after
2. For psychological reasons, I feel safer this way before release :)

Surprisingly Lazarus correctly tracks the first case, when you manually
change global define (-d) (but as I said without sources that reside in
other packages). As for second reason, in my case it's unbeatable :)

Max Vlasov