[Lazarus] OFFTOPIC: Money Model, for Lazarus

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:50:39 CET 2010

I see the "service" part of the so-called "money model" is ok, then.
We have only to improve and/or create a cool LOGO to sell more apparel.
Take a look at some other "programming tools" logos I've found online:

Delphi (auto parts)
http://delphi.com/images/app/logoDelphiMain.gif (cool)

Embarcadero (cool logo) and Delphi XE (cool helmet)
http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi

http://www.wxwidgets.org/logo9.jpg (ugly font)
http://java.sun.com/logos/images/Java_logo.gif (cool)
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/_base_v1/images/chrome/visual_studio_logo.png(nice)
http://qt.nokia.com/logo.png (nice)
http://techie-blogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/gtk_logo1.png (nice for
a t-shirt)

Lazarus does not have a logo like these, the closest thing it has is the
cheetah photo.

2010/12/6 Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl>

> On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 10:46 -0200, Alexsander Rosa wrote:
> > Back to the topic: I think the Lazarus project could SELL products
> > like this:
> > http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=648
> >
> > Ubuntu also has a service called "Ubuntu Advantage" which gives
> > advantages to enterprises that choose to pay a fee, like a network
> > admin tool, a 24/7 support phone line and access to an exclusive
> > online knowledge base "written and audited by senior engineers". I do
> > not know what kind of "advantages" the Lazarus/FPC team could offer,
> > but it is a valid business model.
> > http://www.canonical.com/enterprise-services/ubuntu-advantage
>
> You mean like this:
> http://www.lazarussupport.com/lazarus/Support
> http://www.lazarussupport.com/lazarus/Support?section2=LazarusServerEdition
>
> ?
>
> Joost.
>

> --

Atenciosamente,
Alexsander da Rosa
Linux User #113925

"Extremismo na defesa da liberdade não é defeito.
Moderação na busca por justiça não é virtude."
-- Barry Goldwater