[Lazarus] OFFTOPIC: Money Model, for Lazarus

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 18:11:09 CET 2010

Alexsander Rosa schrieb:
> Back to the topic: I think the Lazarus project could SELL products like
> this:
> http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=648
>
> Ubuntu also has a service called "Ubuntu Advantage" which gives
> advantages to enterprises that choose to pay a fee, like a network admin
> tool, a 24/7 support phone line and access to an exclusive online
> knowledge base "written and audited by senior engineers". I do not know
> what kind of "advantages" the Lazarus/FPC team could offer, but it is a
> valid business model.

The FPC and Lazarus teams just should offer nothing at extra cost.
That's the privilege of third parties, which make money from the lack of
documentation, installation trouble and whatever else could not be
achieved or offered by the developers. Free software projects should not
be crippled in any way, for the purpose of making money with
intentionally hidden or removed features or other material.

DoDi