[Lazarus] Can't find unit contnrs used by Masks

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Dec 9 14:42:31 CET 2010

You can run Lazarus from console or with logfile (--debug-log=xxx)
Or you can "copy all and hidden) on the msg vie window (popup menu)

Any of this 3 should give you additional info about the output that fpc
generates

On 09/12/2010 10:46, Michael Schnell wrote:
>> Check what fpc compiler lazarus is using.
>
> How to check  this ?
With the above, you should see the actual comandline issued by lazarus
to call fpc, and the fpc version prompt,

Note that "fpc" is just a wrapper, it calls ppc386 (or what ever
architecture, you need):
- on windows, usually in the same dir (unless you have others in the
path maybe)
- on linux according to the path, (afaik)

you can configure lazarus to point directly to yhe ppc386, in order to test

>> Check that all -Fu and other paths in this fpc.cfg file point to
>> directories that where installed with this version of fpc.
> I'll do when I found that file.
In many locations
- windows, usually just in the same folder as fpc.exe (but may be in
other locations)
- linux: /etc/fpc.cfg  /home/user/fpc.cfg  / an etc folder somewhere
inside the fpc install, or same as fpc (exe)

Compile with -va (will give many 1000 lines of output !!) and search for
it => shows all locations tried, and where found
(use console or better logfile)

>> Note, that if you change your fpc.exe, you must also have a complete
>> new set of ppu files for fpc (rtl)
>>
>> Check all directories in Lazarus. All -Fu settings, if you use any in
>> building the IDE.
> I'll try to locate any cfg files there.
Again -va

shows you where the iles are looked for => are that the pathes you would
expect.

Will show a lot of "not found" for all the locations it tries, that is
correct. (only normally it eventually should find it, in your case it
doesn't

Martin