[Lazarus] OFFTOPIC: Money Model, for Lazarus

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 7 20:40:40 CET 2010

Burkhard Carstens schrieb:

> I'd like to buy a sweatshirt, a mousepad and 3 mugs. Unfortunately,
> neither visa nor paypal are acceptable methods of payment for me. I
> prefer to get a bill with my stuff. If that's impossible, I'd also
> accept paying "per Nachnahme".

That's C.O.D. (Cash On Delivery)

> However, these are only toys. I can buy them for private joy, but not
> for my (1.125 man) company. If there were something like "Current FPC
> Docs in PDF and HTML on CD" for e.g. 100,- Euro + Tax, I'd buy that
> once a year.

I see two possible solutions for the documentation problem:
1) document the implementation
2) implement what's documented

For non-toy use I'd prefer the second alternative, because
- it's easier to make something work as it should,
- the topics deserve no updates but an "implemented" note
- availability on platforms also only deserves a note
- new revisions deserve no rescan nor big updates
- the documentation can never be seriously outdated

DoDi