[Lazarus] Source Forge copy of lazarus is 0.9.28.0 not 0.9.28.2

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 18 13:18:17 CET 2010

On 18.12.2010 12:45, Piffle the Cat wrote:

> As a developer of lazarus, don't you find that confusing?

Why do you think this should be confusing?

> Why is my latest "STABLE" version of lazarus 0.9.29.2 beta for Linux
> Mandriva 2010 Spring edition (as updated yesterday it is 0.9.28.2) and
> yet everyone seems to use the development version of 0.9.29.2 unstable
> from the daily snapshot.

Just a small correction: there is no 0.9.29.2, only 0.9.29.

> What possible benefits are there is my downloading the unstable version,
> which even the site tells me has no guarantees of working or not.

The point is that many bugs have been fixed in the development version,
but no new stable version could be released yet, because the developers
waited for the release of FPC 2.4.2 (FPC 2.4.0 contained some bugs and
thus wasn't suitable for a new release of Lazarus).
With the new release of FPC out in the wild I now hope that the
developers will do a new release (0.9.30) in the near future :)

Regards,
Sven