[Lazarus] Some questions about the development on GNU/Linux

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 11:30:44 CET 2010

> 1. in a while loop I added application.processmanages to prevent the
> form locks but does not seem to be very successful
> 2. I tried to use screen.cursor: = crHourGlass, but the cursor not
> changes appearance

Application.ProcessMessages and Screen.Cursor: = crHourGlass
work also with Linux.

I guess you have a CPU-intensive task running. Cursor may change with a short
delay and you may not see it if the task was short.

ProcessMessages updates the visual controls but it really doesn't make the GUI
more responsive. If the task is long and you want the GUI respond while it is
running, you should use a thread (see TThread).

Regards,
Juha