[Lazarus] Lazarus and SPARC Solaris

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 11:46:06 CET 2010

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 01:22:19PM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>> If you can confirm that it works, I'll enable it.
>> OK, I'll get onto it later. In this context what constitutes working-
>> that it compiles without error or is there a functional test?
>
> Compile and link (the iconv lib is "special" on some *nixes), and there is a
> test from Ido in examples, testing with some Hebrew iirc.
>
>>> Probably you want to make a difference between the solaris line and the
>>> FreeBSD (this avoids some inheritly Linux specific packages) line there, and
>>> test which packages work with solaris.

The packages in Solaris appear to be a strict subset of those in
FreeBSD, missing aspell gdbint gmp graph gtk2 iconvenc librsvg libxml
pxlib sdl users.

Is this best discussed here, in one of the FPC lists, or as a bug report
(and in that case against which project)?

>> Noted. I don't have any immediate plans to fire up any BSDs.
>
> I meant that the packages that FreeBSD uses is roughly equal to
> "general unix", as there are no BSD specific packages in packages/
>
> The same line from "linux" contains many linux specific packages.

That was slightly tongue in cheek. I've got limited space in my workroom
(plus limited UPS capacity etc.) and I'd find it far more difficult
justifying to management putting time into BSD than into Solaris.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk