[Lazarus] Message dialogs in Lazarus

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 17:31:35 CET 2010

Marco van de Voort schrieb:

>> The project is further badly hindered by the stubborn  refusal of the
>> designers to implement Layout Managers.
>
> I'm not too deep into the subject, but layout managers are more something of
> ownerdrawn environments, and as such that is not compatible with the
> projects stated goal of using native interface and guidelines as much as
> possible

Why should a layout manager ever require ownerdraw? It has to arrange
and size its client controls, nothing else. In so far it's a simplified
docking manager, with docking support required only at design time. At
runtime no dock-headers are needed, so that no PaintSite method is
required (or it does nothing).

DoDi