[Lazarus] lazarus RPM on sourceforge.net needs repackaging with lesser requirements for RPM.

Michael Joyner michael at newsrx.com
Wed Dec 22 21:39:37 CET 2010

2010/12/22 Michael Joyner <mjoyner at vbservices.net>

> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Vincent Snijders <
> vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> currently doing rpmbuild -ba *spec (after moving tar.gz into proper place)
> doing cycle to verify installable rpms and runable bins
>
> lazarus-0.9.28.2-0.src.rpm:
>

>> --

OK. compiled and installed (had to change spec file to permit >= 2.2.4
version numbers for FPC)

I installed the FPC rpm and FPC-SRC rpm from sourceforge

Run lazarus and get the attached:

a) Current pascal directory is incorrect. (dialog pic attached)
b) The current lazarus directory ".... %LazarusVersikon%' does not look
correct. (dialog pic attached)

I hit "OK" on both and

*I compile a blank form and it runs fine.*

Tried compiling the mysql example from the wiki and get

*Fatal: Can't find unit mysql_v4 used by database_try_unit*

*and I don't know if it is because the code is wrong or if the installation
is wrong...*

Looking in /usr/src/fpcsrc using find . -name '*mysql_v4*' gives:

find . -name '*mysql4*'
./packages/mysql/src/mysql41.pp
./packages/mysql/src/mysql4_comtypes.inc
./packages/mysql/src/mysql4impl.inc
./packages/mysql/src/mysql41dyn.pp
./packages/mysql/src/mysql4_version.pp
./packages/mysql/src/mysql40.pp
./packages/mysql/src/mysql4.pp
./packages/mysql/src/mysql4types.inc
./packages/mysql/src/mysql4dyn.pp
./packages/mysql/src/mysql4_comdyn.pp
./packages/mysql/src/mysql4_com.pp
./packages/mysql/src/mysql40dyn.pp
./packages/fcl-db/src/datadict/fpddmysql41.pp
./packages/fcl-db/src/datadict/fpddmysql40.pp
./packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/mysql/mysql4conn.pas
./packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/mysql/mysql40conn.pas
./packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/mysql/mysql41conn.pas